Obtaining your license key
1. Login to the Soliloquy Member’s Area, using the email address and password you created when purchasing the product.
If you cannot remember your password, click the Forgot your password option and enter your email address. You will then be sent password reset instructions by email.
2. Once logged in, you will see a list of your purchases under the Purchase History heading. Click on View Details and Downloads besides your Soliloquy purchase.
3. Find the section titled License Keys, and make a note of the long license key string.
1. Below the License Keys section, there is a section titled Products. Below here, you will see a list of all products your license gives you access to (i.e. Soliloquy and any applicable addons, depending on your license type). Click the soliloquy download, and after a few moments, a ZIP file will be downloaded to your computer.
Very Important: If you use the Safari Web Browser – your download might appear as a folder on your computer. To stop this from happening, untick the “Open safe files after downloading” option
There are two ways to install Soliloquy; through the WordPress Administration interface, or via FTP.
The WordPress Administration interface is the preferred, recommended method – but you may need to use FTP if you have problems installing.
Installation via the WordPress Administration Interface
1. Login to your WordPress installation’s Administration Interface.
2. Click on Plugins in the WordPress Administration, and then click Add New.
3. Click the Upload Plugin button to the right of the Add Plugins page title.
4. Click on the “Choose File” button and navigate to where you downloaded soliloquy.zip on your computer.
5. Click on the “Install Now” button to install Soliloquy.
6. From that screen, click on the “Activate” link to activate the plugin on your site.
Installation via FTP
If you encountered errors when attempting to install Soliloquy through the above method and/or you are more comfortable using FTP:
- Click on the link to download the Soliloquy zip file from your Member’s Area Overview tab.
- Unzip your file on your computer and open up your favorite FTP program.
- Connect to your site and upload the unzipped
soliloquyfolder to the
wp-content/pluginsfolder on your remote server.
- Go to the site’s WordPress Dashboard and click on the “Plugins” menu item.
- Find Soliloquy and click on the “Activate” link.
- Navigate to Soliloquy > Settings and enter in your license key (found in your Member’s Area Overview tab).
- Verify your license key to receive automatic updates for the plugin and start creating your sliders!
Once you have completed the steps above, you will be able to start creating beautiful, responsive WordPress sliders with ease!