Thesis 2.0 and Headway Users Rejoice!
Now that Soliloquy 1.4.0 and the Featured Content Addon have dropped, I thought it would be a good time to create some extra value for Soliloquy customers that use either the Thesis 2.0 or Headway themes. Utilizing the APIs that each theme provides, I’ve created special addons that can be used by any license holder to make using Soliloquy with each respective theme that much easier.
Thesis 2.0 dropped last week, and it comes with a new Box API for adding custom drag-and-drog boxes into your Thesis templates. I’ve created an addon that utilizes this Box API (appropriately named the “Soliloquy Thesis Box”) that allows you to drag-and-drop position your sliders into your custom Thesis templates. Talk about some sweet stuff!Click Here to Download the Soliloquy Thesis Box Addon (Thesis 2.1)
Here are some instructions on installing the Soliloquy Thesis Box:
- Download the Box using the link above.
- From your Thesis 2.0 admin screen, hover over the “Boxes” menu link and click on the “Select Boxes” link.
- Click on the “Upload Box” button, navigate to the downloaded zip file and upload the file by clicking on the “Add Box” button.
- Exit out of the upload screen, tick the checkbox beside the Soliloquy box and click the “Save Boxes” button.
- Now go to your Skin Editor, click on the select area inside of the “Add Boxes” box on right-hand column of your template editor, select “Soliloquy” and then hit “Add Box”.
- Drag and drop your Soliloquy box wherever you would like it to go, hover over it and click on the Options cog and select the slider that you want to display in that area.
- Make sure you click the “Save Template” green button at the top once you are done and you are all set!
I’ve also created a Headway Block specifically for Soliloquy so that you can drag-and-drop place your Soliloquy sliders into the Headway theme. Again, talk about some pretty sweet integration! 🙂Click Here to Download the Soliloquy Headway Block Addon
Here are some instructions on installing the Soliloquy Headway Block:
- Download the Block using the link above.
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload to upload and activate the block.
- Go into your Headway Visual Editor and create a new content area by clicking and dragging inside of the grid.
- Click on the icon to select a block type, scroll to the bottom and hover over the “More Blocks” link and select “Soliloquy” from the list.
- Hit OK on the alert and then click on the Options icon for the block.
- Select your slider from the dropdown and then make sure to save your changes.
It’s All About Value
I’m always looking for ways to add value to Soliloquy for my current and potential customers, and this is just one of the many ways that I can do it. I’ve taken the hard part out of figuring out the APIs for you and made it ridiculously easy to integrate Soliloquy into both of these themes.
Are there any other 3rd party themes or plugins where you think Soliloquy integration would be a good fit? Make sure to let me know in the comments, and I will write it down on my list of things to do to make Soliloquy that much better!