Featured Content Addon
The Featured Content addon allows you to easily create a slider displaying posts and their featured images in less than 3 minutes. It is easy to set up your Featured Content Slider today!
This Addon is available with a Developer or Master license.
You will first need to install and activate the Featured Content Addon.
How It Works
When creating a new or editing an existing slider, within the External Slider tab you have the option to select Featured Content as your Slider Type:
Doing so will present you with a number of options to configure your Featured Content Slider within the Slider tab:
Q: What is “Disable Caching?” used for
A: Soliloquy uses transient cache to cache the slide data. This option will disable it which is useful for users who use custom queries (i.e related posts, ignore current post). So if you are using a custom query for your slider, you may want to enable this feature.
Click Here to View All Configuration Options
- Fix: Cases where output as html was still being stripped
- Fix: Cases where post excerpt was causing the sliders to be closed early
- Added: Option to disable caching
- Fix: various minor bugs
- Image Fallback now has upload button
- Fix: PHP Notice Undefined Index
- Added: Filter to prevet query caching
- Added: Option to only display sticky posts in a slider
- Added: Option to disable post classes
- Added: $post parameter to soliloquy_fc_image
- Added: Post and Taxonomy Term classes to each slide
- Fix: Moved publish_post and publish_future_post hooks into includes/global/common.php, so they fire on front end loading of scheduled Posts (in turn, clearing caches more aggressively).
- Fix: Warning when no sliders found for flushing cache
- Fix: Compat with Soliloquy 184.108.40.206 to get all sliders with no data and ignore transient data to fully clear FC transients
- Added: Flush cache on any public Post Type publication or scheduled publication, to ensure new Post(s) appear in FC sliders
- Fix: Changed second duplicate action name soliloquy_fc_box to soliloquy_fc_content_box for the settings tab
- Fix: Prevent overwriting slider data configuration on includes/global/shortcode.php::prepare_query(), so filters correctly receive slider data configuration
- Fix: Changed order of arguments on soliloquy_dynamic_queried_data filter for Dynamic 2.2.1+ compatibility
- Fixed bug with dynamic addon
- Added: Taxonomy Relation option to match Posts on all terms or any terms specified
- Added: Dynamic Addon using Featured Content Slider
- Added: Option to use HTML or plain text for captions when Post Content selected
- Fix: Strip shortcodes and images from HTML before getting caption
- Added: Inclusion / Exclusion supported when more than one post type is selected.
- Fix: Inclusion / Exclusion Posts and Taxonomies not appearing on dropdown lists.
- Added: Post Content HTML formatting support
- Added: Add sticky posts to start of resultset
- Fix: Undefined index: fc_post_types
- Added: Localization support.
- Fix: Taxonomy could not be chosen when multiple Post Types selected, despite those Post Types sharing the same taxonomy.
- Fixed bug with getting sliders by slug not working with FC sliders.
- Fixed bug with random queries and caching.
- Fixed bug with caches not clearing after publishing a new post that would be included in the slider.
- Fixed undefined index notices.
- Fix bug with HTML tags if no content was selected.
- UI Refreshs for better backwards compat on caption styling.
- Fixes some UI regressions from v1 to v2.
- Featured content captions are now wrapped in the appropriate
soliloquy-fc-caption class again.
- Fixed a regression with caption output by wrapping caption content in backwards compat class.
- Fixed bug (finally) with clearing out transient cache for FC sliders.
- Fixed bug with grabbing wrong image size if using custom size in Config settings.
- Fixed caching bug when publishing/updating new posts.
- Reintroduced the query and include/exclude option for featured content sliders.
- Fixed bug with not saving read more text.
- Fixed bug with PHP warning for errant parameter in function call.
- Say hello to version 2.0!