Would you like to add some thumbnail navigation to your Soliloquy sliders? With the Thumbnails Addon this is very easy to do! We’ll walk you through how to set up and use Soliloquy’s Thumbnails Addon.
Please follow our instructions on how to install and activate addons.
In this instance, you’ll be activating the Soliloquy Thumbnails Addon.
Step 1 – Create or edit your slider
Your first step is to create a new slider or edit an existing one. You can follow along with our documentation for creating your first slider.
Step 2 – Configure the thumbnail options
Now it’s time to enable thumbnails on the slider. To do this, navigate to the Thumbnails tab and click the box for Enable Slider Thumbnails? and then configure the remaining thumbnail options.
Step 3 – Configure the thumbnail options for mobile
Next, go to the Mobile tab. There is an option on the Mobile tab to turn on or off the slider thumbnails.
Step 4 – Publish or Update your slider
Finally, click Publish or Update on your slider to save the changes.
See the demo!
Would you like to schedule your slide images? Take a look at our documentation on the How to use the Schedule Addon!
- Fixes: Click causing thumbnails to jump in some cases.
- Fixes: Navigation Arrows not appearing.
- Fixes: Thumbnails Disappearing on resize.
- Adds: Match Aria Labels like Soliloquy Core.
- Fixes: Unique Id for thumbnails for accessibility.
- Fix: Thumbnail option set to 0 or blank causing JS Error
- Fix: Unexpected JS error.
- Fix: Some Options not saving properly.
- Added: Option to display arrows on thumbnails.
- Added: fr_FR Translations
- Added: Loop thumbnails option
- Fix: Don’t add thumbnail CSS classes to slideshow outer container when thumbnails are disabled, but another slider on page has thumbnails enabled
- Fix: Thumbnails not displaying when slider width not defined
- Added: Image dimensions to thumbnails if Set Dimensions on Images is enabled
- Added: Left/Right align thumbnail option
- Fix: Thumbnail compatibility with Featured Content and Dynamic Addons
- Fix: Thumbnails losing quality when previously generated and thumbnail sizes changed for a slider.
- Fix: Thumbnails failing to resize unless cropping was enabled.
- Added: Enable/disable thumbnails on Mobile (requires Soliloquy 188.8.131.52+)
- Added: Conditional UI elements on Admin Screens
- Fix: Dynamic Addon compatibility where thumbnails were not being generated.
- Fix: Featured Content Addon compatibility where thumbnails were not being generated.
- Added: Ability to define different thumbnail than the main slider image.
- Added: Localization support
- Fix: IE11 thumbnails not loading
- Fixed bug with thumbnails settings being inherited from first on page if more than one thumbnails slider existed on a page.
- Arrows over thumbnails only display if checked in the Config settings.
- Fixed JS parse error bug with incorrect object definition.
- Add proper quotes around JS object keys to prevent JS parse errors.
- Allow thumbnail cropping even if main slider image cropping is turned off.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements.
- Say hello to version 2.0!